What I'm Working On Now

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Hello, my name is Kim and I used to blog here on a regular basis.  Not so much lately.  Here's the thing.  I've been blessed with a pretty heavy workload.  And that's great because when I get up in the morning I can't wait to get to work.  How man people are lucky enough to say that?!?

Want to see one of the things  I'm working on?

This is the initial mock up for the "Sophisticated Beachy" dining room my client requested.  It's for a sweet young family with three of the cutest little girls I've ever seen.


So some of the selections shown above have been modified to suit my client's taste, but overall the dining room will have the same feel.

One of the things we revised was the wall treatment.  Being the smart and stylish gal she is my client requested plank walls - which of course works perfectly with what we've got going on.  And guess what - they're done!



We painted the planks Benjamin Moore's Moonlight White. It's the same color as my family room and I love it because it's clean and it's warm without looking yellow.


Also in the mix is this vintage Drexel Heritage set we scouted that is currently getting refreshed with a little paint and some crisp new fabric.  I love this because you know it warms my heart to add in some good vintage furniture.


And I don't want to spill the beans but there could be navy velvet with white piping involved.  I think it's going to be real good so stay tuned for further updates. 

In other news, I have continued to stock my online storefront over at Hunter's Alley

 This is my my most recent addition.

A set of 6 vintage glasses that I adore.  They're already in somebody's cart but they're still up for grabs until checkout is finalized!

And there's more, but we'll leave that for another day.  So now that you're all caught up, tell me what's new with you!

The Green Room Interiors provides Interior Decorating and Design Services to happy homeowners in Chattanooga, TN.  If you'd like to discover the joy of living in a well designed home, contact Kim Lemmon at 423.653.3186 or email thegreenroominteriors@gmail.com









19 comments:

Vel Criste said...

Working is the perfect reason to 'slack off' a little on your blogging! And because your a fabulous designer, we are glad to see more of your creativity spread around and shared with us in the end! Love the mood board, I think this room will be gorgeous!

Raina Cox said...

Those walls are tasty. That's going to be a lovely room.

Andrea said...

I'm absolutely loving this "Sophisticated Beachy" dining room, Kim! And those vintage bird glasses are absolutely precious! Great find!!

XOXO,
The Glam Pad

heather (love your space) said...

nice to see you today! Love those plank walls. :)

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

The walls look perfect! I'm glad you are so busy creating such wonderful spaces!

Thehouseofhampton said...

I loved what you've selected for your clients! Lucky them!!! Thanks for the tip on the white paint color. I'm making my final decisions soon and I'm still looking for the "perfect" white. I can always count on you.
Sharon

House of Pemberley said...

I love it! And I really love the art in your board. Wow. Great to see you back. I haven't blogged in a week. Bad girl!

pam {simple details} said...

What a fun project Kim, I'd be bouncing out of bed too! Beautiful choices as usual, thanks for keeping us in the loop with all this gorgeousness! :)

Kim said...

I love that you are busy and happy. I understand totally ... we are so blessed to be doing exactly what we want to be doing!! You go girl ... and keep us posted when you can!! xo

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Hi Kim, it's so fun to catch up on your projects. I'm happy that you are doing what you love. This plan is great, and I like the modified wall treatment.

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Hi Kim, it's so fun to catch up on your projects. I'm happy that you are doing what you love. This plan is great, and I like the modified wall treatment.

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Hi Kim, it's so fun to catch up on your projects. I'm happy that you are doing what you love. This plan is great, and I like the modified wall treatment.

Fran said...

WOW! I love the horizontal planks! Did you install those yourself? Your ideas sound great! Also, congrats on a heavy workload - that is not surprising given your talent!! :)

Heather@Tatter and Fray said...

I'm not blogging much either -- crazy busy with work (though much more boring than yours! ;). I'm obsessed with those plank walls. Love your HA storefront, too! Go you.

taylor greenwalt said...

It looks great...cant wait to see the finished project...

Unknown said...

I think we all are not blogging too much lately. Life is getting in the way! I love your plan and the planked walls and congrats on being so busy! Happy spring to you friend, and good luck on Hunter's Alley! xo Nancy

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

I LOVE your walls, Kim! You really do have a lot going on.
Great find.
Teresa
xoxo

designchic said...

Its going to be a gorgeous room - love your moldboard and the paneled walls are amazing!!

Unknown said...

Those walls!!! Now I want to redo my dining room (even though I haven't really "done" it yet...). I love the look you guys are going for and cannot wait to see the finished product! Is your client in Chattanooga?